Back Home Next

So, yesterday was my big trip to Milford to see Dr. Harris.  She was pleased with my progress and she gave me my next injection of adriamycin.  Here is a fun fact for you - adriamycin is red.  Most of the injections that I have received over the course of my medical history have been clear.  Red it kind of a fun color.  Of course to us dogs, that makes green a fun color too since we can't really distinguish between them. 

Oh, and I'm feeling fine.  No bumps, no chemotherapy side effects (well, I am a little hungry now that you mention it) - life is good.  Also, I'm down to 27.1 pounds.  More room for Dairy Queen I should think.

Today is the start of vacation for the boss ma'am and so for me and Lyle too.  I'm not really sure what that means for the boss man since he stays home with us most days anyway.   I can say one thing for certain though, we all sure do love having her home.   Still, it has started out kind of strange.  The boss ma'am got a call this morning at 3:20 a.m.  EDT and instead of telling that so and so that it was three-twenty in the morning, call back at a more civilized time, she brushed her teeth, put her day time clothes on and left the house.  That is unusual in and of it self, but it does happen sometimes.  The strange thing is that the boss man didn't go back to snuggling me but instead went downstairs and started painting.  Who in their right mind paints at 3:20 a.m. EDT?  Painting should be a 9 to 5 kind of job.

Me and Lyle just went about business as usual, by which I mean to say we slept like any normal pack does.  Well, after a while, the paint fumes must have gotten to the boss man because at 6:00 a.m. EDT (should still be sleeping as it is vacation), he drags Lyle and me out for our daily walk.  Well, I don't know what it is like in your part of the world, but on August 26, 2005 at 6:00 a.m. EDT, it is still dark here.  That should have been a clue that it wasn't yet time for a walk. 

Okay, so in retrospect, I'm glad that I got my exercise over with early.  Turns out, about 20 minutes after we were home it started to rain and the boss man says that it might rain for the next day and a half.  Well, I don't like getting wet, so I'm guess I'm glad that it is over.

This vacation is starting out a little too much like work for my taste!Well, I'm off for a much deserved nap.  Have a great day!

I'm on vacation, with my whole pack...

Little Bit